Join the Number 1 Waste Management Network!
As an ISWA Member not only will you have unrestricted access to the ISWA Member Area but you will also receive many benefits such as being part of a huge global network of waste professionals, free (online) access to publications, member discount for ISWA events, access to ISWA Working Groups etc.
A National Member must be a non-governmental organisation (association, institute, federation or similar), or multiple organisations acting together, representing one or more countries and acting for the areas of interest concerned with ISWA matters.
National Member Fees are established at the General Assembly and are determined according to the country's GNP, as published by the World Bank annually.
An ISWA National Member is representing one or more countries and acts for the Networks of interest concerned with ISWA matters.
Concerning the application procedure for potential National Members please note Section 1.2.4 of ISWA’s Internal Regulations. This section provides, inter alia, information on how the written National Membership Application has to be submitted to the ISWA General Secretariat (to Mr Daniel Purchase, dpurchase(at)iswa.org).
National Members dues are based on the Gross National Income (GNI) as published by the World Bank using the Atlas Method. Each year the General Assembly decides the National Member dues for the following year according to the income groups classification table.
Low Income countries, whose National Committee applies to join ISWA as new member, will pay flat National Member dues of € 300.- annually and have one vote in the General Assembly (GA).
Lower Middle Income countries, whose National Committee applies to join ISWA as new member, will pay flat National Member dues of € 1,000.- annually and have one vote in the GA.
ISWA NATIONAL MEMBER BENEFITS
National Members are one of the most influential forces in ISWA. National Members may:
- Vote in the General Assembly (The General Assembly is comprised of the official representatives of all National Members)
- Nominate candidate(s) for National Member representative at the ISWA Board
- Propose the formation of a Working Group (incl. Chair) to the STC
- Nominate one Individual, Company/Organisation or Honorary Member per Internal Group to serve on each Internal Group
- Nominate persons except Online Members to serve as Chairs or Members of any Internal Group
- Nominate ISWA Standing Committee Chairs
- Nominate candidate(s) for RDN Member representative at the ISWA Board
- Organise an ISWA World Congress
- Co-organise events together with ISWA (Beacon Conferences, Workshops, Study Tours etc.)
- Host ISWA Meetings
- Have access to ISWA Project Grant funding
- Obtain reduction of 10% on registration fees at all professional meetings organised by ISWA
- Have access to the services of the General Secretariat
- Establish Regional Development Networks (RDN)
- Become member of RDN where appropriate
A Company/Organisation Member is any public or private company/organisation which is working in, or associated with, the field of solid waste management. E.g. public or private companies, municipalities, public authorities, universities, research institutes or other organisations.
ISWA offers three different types of company/organisation memberships:
Annual fee: € 5,000.-
Annual fee: € 2,500.-
Persons who are working in, or associated with, the field of solid waste management, can register for one of the following ISWA Memberships:
An Individual Member is a person who is working in, or associated with, the field of solid waste management.
Annual fee: € 200.-
A Student Member is an individual enrolled full-time at a college or university.
Annual fee: € 50.-
An Online Member is a member who has signed up to receive basic information and benefits.
Annual fee: € 60.-
Please find a detailed overview explaining the different ISWA Membership categories and benefits here.
An ISWA membership runs for one year (mm/yyyy - mm/yyyy). Before expiration of a membership ISWA members will be contacted in time by e-mail to renew a membership.
If you need any further information or if you have any questions we kindly ask you to contact the ISWA General Secretariat.
Phone: +43 1 253 60 01