ISWA

Dubai Municipality, UAE

Dubai Municipality was founded in 1954 commencing its activities with a cadre of seven employees undertaking simple tasks in cleaning the city.The first decree establishing the Municipality  was on February 28, 1957, whereby 23 municipal council members had been appointed from the elders of the country and traders with limited powers.

 

In the 1974 His Highness Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, God rest his soul, issued a decree establishing the municipality. The new Dubai Municipality was granted independent authorities, morals and powers that includes the Municipal Council and the administration body, which executes the policy and directives and in accordance with the decree.

 

In 1980 a decree had been issued establishing the Municipal Council appointing 32 members headed by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Municipality.

 

The Municipality continued its development coinciding with the growth of the Emirate of Dubai and reached to 11,000 employees working in 34 departments under six sectors.

 

Dubai Municipality is regarded as one of the largest governmental institutions in terms of services rendered  and projects executed. Thus the municipality is the leading driver of growth and evolution of the Emirate of Dubai.

 

For further information please contact:

 

Phone: +971 4 2215555

Fax: +971 4 2246666

Email : esupport(at)dm.gov.ae

www.dm.gov.ae