ISWA Study Tour: Decentralised Bio-Waste Recycling
This 4th international study tour and training course will lead you through multi-dimensional best practice nearly 35 years experience on decentralised organic waste recycling.
In B2B meetings and practice-orientated lectures we will cover the entire chain of a well-structured national and local biowaste recycling regime. This will cover:
- The necessary legal and technical framework regulations , including quality standards certification schemes,
- Best practice collection logistics and economics with the aim to achieve a high quantitative as well as qualitative capture rate for all bio-waste origins
- Austrian success story of on-farm composting in cooperation with the communities, guaranteeing highest compost qualities and a high performance regional humus cycle
- Techniques and quality management of open windrow composting of food and garden waste at scales between 1 000 and 100 000 tpa including aeration systems
- Key learnings on the biology of composting, humus production, compost quality criteria as well as hygiene & odour management, documentation, monitoring & reporting
- Results of long-term field trials on soil improvement with compost
- A visit of one of the most innovative biogas plants for food and agricultural residues including bio-methane fuel production and CO2 recovery, digestate use and an in depth insight into the framework conditions for a successful biogas regime on national level
As a special highlight, we will visit the 8th International Practitioner Day on Composting, Europe’s biggest show of bio-mass and compost processing machines organised by the Compost and Biogas Association Austria.
The Early Bird Tickets registration is now open to the public, join us for this stuty tour!