International Event Manager (maternity leave cover)
The International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) is a global, independent, and non-profit making association, working in the public interest with the mission of promoting sustainable waste management and the transition to a circular economy.
ISWA is looking for an event professional to join our team (maternity leave cover). The events manager will join the operations team and coordinate events globally to convey ISWA’s key messages and connect its members.
During this time, the Event Manager must be based in the Netherlands, and will work on events across the globe and be expected to travel to Singapore and Germany. They will also manage hybrid events in Stockholm, Brazil, Mexico, and the US.
The event manager is responsible for coordination of the global event portfolio of ISWA. This includes congresses, conferences, exhibitions, training courses and webinars.
We are looking for a professional with experience in international events with strong organisational skills to join our team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a strategic overview of the ISWA events calendar, optimizing time and resources
- Overall organisation for ISWA events, from initial planning, to marketing, to on the day event management, to budget keeping and post-event follow up/evaluations.
- Provide support for local organizers and partners on ISWA related events
- Support in negotiation of agreements and contracts
- Coordination and support of event marketing with the communication and membership manager
- Taking a leading role in the organisation of the annual ISWA World Congress 2022 in Singapore in support of the host organiser and partners (and attending the Congress in person!)
- Organisation and implementation of ISWA’s appearance at trade exhibitions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, a minimum of 2 years of relevant international work experience
- Demonstrable experience taking a leading role in the full event management cycle for both in person and online events
- Strong coordination, organisational and administrative skills
- Diplomatic skills to liaise with participants and co-organisers from international institutions, industry partners, experts, external companies
- Flexible and adaptable, with a willingness and determination to overcome issues and seek solutions.
- Ability to learn fast and deliver quality results while respecting deadlines.
- Works well under pressure, self-motivated, self-sufficient, and reliable
- Flexibility & willingness to travel
- Proficient command of English in writing and speaking
- Pro: Interest in sustainable waste management
Timing & remuneration
Employment will be coverage of maternity leave (4 days a week). Start date is around mid to end April – 1 October 2022. If you are interested in this position, please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th of March, quoting Event Manager in the subject line. Please also note that as a non-profit association working for the public good, motivation is important to us.
NB: We prefer offering a fixed term employment contract. A freelance approach should include a quotation.
Function: International Event Manager (maternity leave cover)
Application Deadline: March 20th 2022
- Send your application letter and CV with current salary level in English to email@example.com
- State clearly the position of Event Manager in the subject line
- Applications without an accompanying letter, or in other languages than English will not be considered.